March 26, 2010

Visited a Retailer at Kaffe 1668




Today, as usaul, I went to a nice cafe around my school to grab a coffee. It was the same Janpanese girl served me as last time I came. Then I placed an order of Latte to go. A while after my purchase, I heard my name was called to pick up the coffee. I doubted if it was my coffee because there was no one asked me for my name to put down on the coffee cup. So I brought the coffee cup up and saw my name was on it. Actually the Janpanese girl asked my name on my last time visit, then she keeps it in mind. When I came today, she reconized me and my name. Therefore, she put my name on the coffee cup without asking me again.

As a customer, I feel special that someone remembers me after seeing me once. This makes me want to go back again when I need coffee because I have a friend there.

As a marketing student, I understand it is one of marketing strategies that to build up a relationship with customers. Making friends with customers can make them feel warm. Once customers do not feel strang at a place they will feel more confortable to come back rather than visiting other stores.

1 comment: